Respite contractors are skilled caregivers who give parents a break by spending quality time with an individual with developmental disabilities. We are looking for hourly and overnight respite contractors for several families with children, teens and adults with developmental disabilities. Respite contractors assist individuals in accessing their community. You may spend 1:1 time going on outings to the library, the park or swimming, or you may assist an individual in participating in his/her hobbies by accompanying him/her to community center activities.
Hours are flexible depending on the family’s needs and the number of families a caregiver wants to be matched with. Minimum commitment is 4 hours per week. Most families are looking for weekend care. Base rate for care providers are paid $14 per hour or $112 for the day. Services for people with exceptionally high support needs will be paid at a higher rate.
This position is well suited to students. We have a number of teen boys hoping to be matched with a male caregiver.
• 19 years and older
• Fun, energetic and creative
• Independent, responsible and able to respond to emergency situations
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must enjoy community recreation activities
• Access to vehicle and experience preferred, but not necessary
• Screening process involved