Waitlists are preventing children with disabilities from living their lives. Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) has not seen a funding increase in more than 10 years, despite the increasing demand for service and rising costs for program delivery. Richmond Society for Community Living has been working with Inclusion BC and other sector leaders to build the case for investing in ECI in British Columbia.
Take action now and sign the Petition urging BC to invest in Early Childhood Intervention.
Here’s some recent media both locally and from across the province.
- Waiting times too long for B.C. preschoolers with special needs, reports say (Vancouver Sun) Jan 04, 2017
- Toddler centre in Vancouver’s DTES announces shutdown (CBC News) Jan 04, 2017
- Waiting times too long for Richmond’s special needs kids: report (Richmond News) Jan 05, 2017
- BC preschoolers with special needs left behind, says advocate (CBC News) Jan 06, 2017
- BC Preschoolers with special needs left behind, says Advocate (CBC Early Edition) Jan 6, 2017
- Faith Bodnar interview on Pulse FM with host Kash Heed (Select January 11 audio files)
- Okanagan children ‘aging out’ before getting help with developmental delays (Info News) Jan 20, 2017