Are you interested in making a difference in someone’s life, in your community and in the world around you? Apply to become a Community Support Volunteer today!
Volunteers are the heart of RSCL and play an essential role in our mission to ensure the individuals we support are living enriched lives. Our cast of volunteers are a valued part of our team and play a significant role in all areas of RSCL, such as developing lasting relationships with people living with a developmental disability and helping to improve their overall sense of well-being. Our volunteers are dedicated to seeing beyond the disability to ability!
Why should you volunteer at Richmond Society for Community Living?
- If you are looking for opportunities to give back to your community, meet new people and gain new experiences.
- If you are seeking professional opportunities to build new skills and training.
- If you are looking for practicum experience that aligns with your education path.
- If you are looking to complete required volunteer hours from an educational institution.
Volunteer at one of our child or adult day programs
Volunteers can help provide direct support to people with a developmental disability through our programs and in the community. The purpose of this involvement is to enter into a relationship with an individual to support goals for recreation, socialization or companionship, while enhancing the individual’s quality of life.
Volunteers will be expected to:
- Understand the philosophy of social inclusion, integration and empowerment.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and positive social skills.
- Comply to RSCL policies and procedures and speak and act with respect and dignity.
- Have an interest in creating fun social experiences for all participants.
To volunteer with Richmond Society for Community Living or if you would like to find out more information, please contact our Human Resource Department at 604-279-7040 or firstname.lastname@example.org