Richmond Society for Community Living (RSCL) was founded by a group of parents who wanted more for their children than institutional living. Today, RSCL programs and services assist each individual to reach their full potential. This includes:
- early intervention for infants at risk;
- access to preschool and supported child care for children with additional support needs;
- out-of-school care and transition planning for teens with disabilities;
- life-skills training, employment services; and
- residential options for adults with a disability who wish to live outside their family home.
We offer a continuum of care throughout the lifespan that allows the individuals in our programs—and their family members—to dream, plan, learn and grow.
A developmental disability is a lifelong condition that affects an individual’s growth and development. People with a developmental disability may have difficulty learning and processing information, or adapting to the demands of typical daily life. We believe that every individual has a place and a value in our community, regardless of their need for additional supports. Community diversity and inclusion are among the many values that make Richmond one of the most livable cities in British Columbia.
In this section: