Since 1982 Richmond Society for Community Living has provided exceptional programs and supports for individuals with developmental disabilities, and for their families. Join the RSCL team of dedicated professionals and benefit from:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Training and Growth Opportunities
RSCL’s policy is to create a work environment which enables and encourages employees to develop and utilize their talents to the greatest degree possible. This allows employees to maximize individual job satisfaction and RSCL to achieve the established goals and objectives of the organization, in a working environment which is fair and equitable.
RSCL management believes that it can best contribute to this work environment by:
- Ensuring that the selection, development and promotion of employees is based on competence;
- Creating a climate of trust, openness of communications through a the collaborative style of management;
- Encouraging meaningful two way communication at all levels throughout the organization;
- Developing meaningful work objectives in collaboration with the employees;
- Ensuring that all persons are assessed and rewarded for performance;
- Helping the self-development and career planning of the individual;
- Considering the implication of economic, technical, and social change on the business and the individual and preparing the appropriate strategies to minimize the disruptions caused by such changes;
- Investigating and implementing new approaches in employee relations, to maximize employee retention;
- Ensuring the consistent application of policies; and,
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
RSCL management further believes the employee should contribute to the success of the foregoing statement by:
- Accepting the responsibility of exercising authority and accepting the freedom of action outlined by the collaborative style of management;
- Maintaining open and honest communication with all levels in the organization;
- Encouraging progressive changes and working with the organization to implement constructive changes;
- Cooperating towards the mutual attainment of organizational goals;
- Continuously developing individual, occupational, and interpersonal skills; and,
- Remaining current in the practices and developments of their work area through journals, in-house programs and external programs.
Richmond Society for Community Living is building a diverse workforce in a welcoming work environment. We are committed to employment equity and invite applications from all qualified candidates for the following advertised positions.
- Casual Day Support Worker
- Casual Recreation Counselor
- Substitute Preschool Teacher
- Casual Residential Counselor
We would like to thank in advance all those who apply to RSCL. Due to the large number of applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To submit your resume, click here.
We are recruiting respite care providers on an ongoing basis. If you are interested in becoming a respite caregiver, please forward your resume and cover letter to our Children’s Respite Coordinator or Adult Respite Coordinator.