RSCL continues to follow the recommendations of the Provincial Health Authority to reduce the spread of the virus, while also ensuring that we fulfill our obligations to our funders and to the individuals and families that we support.
We updated our RSCL COVID Expectations on September 13-2021 in response to the latest orders, restrictions, and guidelines issued by the province. Given the vulnerable people we support, we continue to practice some previous safety measures even though they may be discontinued by the province, to support a sense of safety for everyone.
As required by WorkSafe BC, RSCL has a Communicable Disease Prevention Plan in place. We are grateful to our staff, individuals served and their families, our home share providers, contractors, and community partners for continuing to do their part to stop the spread of the virus. This includes:
- All program sites remain closed to visitors. If you need to visit a site, please call in advance to complete a pre-screening.
- We ask people who may be unwell to stay home until they have confirmed that they do not have the virus. If they live with someone who has a confirmed case, we also ask they stay home.
- Our Point of Care Risk Assessment is completed daily for every individual supported to ensure that our staff have the appropriate PPE to provide direct care.
- We practice physical distancing as much as possible.
- It is our expectation that masks are worn in all public areas.
We have a good inventory of PPE and will always maintain a two-month supply. Our Emergency Response Team, which includes staff from all program areas, is ready to be deployed to our supported living homes should they experience a confirmed case of COVID-19.
We offer both virtual and in-person supports in all our programs. This includes facilitating family visits for the individuals in our supported living homes. Where possible, we encourage outdoor meetings and utilize day program space after hours if required.
Please remember We Are All Covid-Accountable – fewer faces and bigger spaces. Together we will stop the spread of COVID-19!
For more information and resources from government and partner agencies, visit the links below. For additional Covid-19 resources click here.