Richmond Society for Community Living (RSCL) provides innovative services that respond to the changing needs of individuals living with a developmental disability, and their families, over the course of their lives. We celebrate the unique gifts of the people we serve and support their inclusion as valued members in the community. We are leaders, partners and advocates with reach beyond Richmond.
RSCL is dedicated to:
- Seeing beyond disability to ability;
- Providing programs and services that are nurturing, and encourage personal growth, choice and decision making;
- Informing, educating, involving and motivating others to understand and support the rights of people with disabilities to live, work and belong in our community;
- Recognizing that individuals and their families are key; and
- Fostering and facilitating innovative ideas.
Our vision is a welcoming and connected community where everyone belongs. Each person is confident sharing their gifts and contributions; living rich and fulfilled lives.
Richmond Society for Community Living recognizes the value of a diverse community. This includes gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, language, education, abilities, and socioeconomic status.
We are committed to bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and identities and foster inclusion within our organization. We believe in promoting a community where everyone belongs.
We are honoured to live, work and play on the traditional and unceded territory of the Coast Salish People, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Kwantlen and Tsawwassen First Nations.