From infancy through adulthood, we support people with developmental disabilities to define, discover and advocate for their self-determined goals, passions and happiness.
We do this by:
- Amplifying the voices, needs and desires of the people and families we support.
- Treating all people with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Providing flexible programming and services that respond to the changing needs of individuals and families.
- Building the most inclusive, equitable, safe and diverse organization possible.
- Creating accessible conversations, events and spaces to inspire, educate and bring communities together.
Richmond Society for Community Living recognizes the value of a diverse community. This includes gender, age, religion, race, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, language, education, abilities, and socioeconomic status.
We are committed to bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and identities and foster inclusion within our organization. We believe in promoting a community where everyone belongs.
We are honoured to live, work and play on the traditional and unceded territory of the Coast Salish People, including the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Kwantlen and Tsawwassen First Nations.